- Place racks in the upper and lower thirds of oven and preheat oven to 225°F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Wash the apples.
- With apple corer, core the apples or skip step if you don’t mind the core.
- Using a mandolin or very sharp knife, slice apples horizontally into 1/8- inch thick rounds.
- Place apple slices in a single layer on baking sheets.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake for 1 hour. Remove baking sheets and switch the pans on upper and lower oven racks. Continue baking for additional 1 to 1 ½ hours until apple slices are curled and crisp.
- Store the apple chips in a sealed container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Recommended apples: Honey Crisp, Jonagold, Granny Smith, Gala, Fuji