Farmers Market Breakfast Taco
1 cup balsamic vinegar
¼ cup NYS honey
4 corn tortillas
½ cup grated NYS extra-sharp cheddar cheese
4 slices bacon
2 tablespoons NYS maple syrup
4 large eggs
2 tablespoons heavy cream
2 tablespoons chopped green onion
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Microgreens or chopped mixed greens
For the balsamic glaze:
- Stir balsamic vinegar and honey together in small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Set balsamic reduction aside to cool and thicken.
For the tacos:
- Cook bacon in skillet over medium heat until three-fourths cooked, brush with maple syrup and continue cooking. Chop into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- Whisk eggs and 2 tablespoons of heavy cream in medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add green onions to skillet and sauté for 2 minutes over medium heat. Pour egg mixture in skillet, cook over low heat until softly set. Remove egg mixture from heat.
- Heat tortilla on nonstick skillet until warm.
- Divide egg mixture and place in tortillas. Top with greens and sprinkle with bacon bits, cheddar cheese and cilantro. Fold each tortilla in half and drizzle with balsamic glaze.
Additional recipes using Dairy & Eggs › Eggs