4 cups chicken broth
4 slices of bacon, chopped
1 cup heavy cream
4 cups fresh sweet corn kernels
1 large onion, finely diced
1 large carrot, diced
3 stalks celery, finely diced
4 scallions, chopped
1 lb. potatoes, peeled and cut into ¼” pieces
2 teaspoons salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Cut kernels from ears and set aside.
- Add bacon to 5-quart Dutch oven and cook until browned.
- Remove bacon bits and set aside.
- In the same pot, add the chopped onion, celery and carrots to the bacon fat. Cook uncovered for 7-8 minutes.
- Add chicken stock to pot.
- Add potatoes, corn kernels, salt, black pepper and cayenne.
- Bring to a light boil and simmer uncovered for 10-15 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Add heavy cream and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- If you like thicker chowder, mix chowder with an immersion blender for 1-2 minutes.
- Ladle in bowls and garnish with bacon and chopped scallions.
Additional recipes using Vegetables › Corn